Green Valley Lake - the highest community in the San Bernardino Mountains - at 7,200 feet. Supervised beach and swimming area are operated all summer and paddle boats and row boats are available for rent. Fishing is excellent in the well stocked lake and hiking and mountain biking are also favorite recreational activities.
Green Valley Lake has a small downtown area that hosts a market, two restaurants, a post office, a bait and tackle shop
On July 15, as part of the Summer Faire Series:
- Pottery Demo
- Lyle Ferguson talk on History of Green Valley Lake
- Evening concert 5:30—Wake the Bard (Irish band)
The campground offers single-family sites for tent and RV camping. Some sites are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Each site is equipped with a table and campfire ring with grill. Flush toilets and drinking water are provided. NO OVERFLOW PARKING is available. In order to allow as many people to come as possible, we are vigorously encouraging carpooling.
- Arrive after 2:00pm
- Meet and Greet at about 6:00pm
- Campfire activites
- Day Hike (to be determined)
- Feel free to explore the town and/or surrounding areas
- Potluck at about 7:00pm (the concert at the lake goes from 5:30-7:00pm, so this time may be moved to 7:30pm, depending on if anyone wants to attend the concert). Great Outdoors will be providing the desserts.
- Campfire activities
- Pack up.
GPS Info. (Latitude, Longitude):
- 34.24472, -117.06194
From Running Springs, travel east on Highway 18 about 3 miles to Green Valley Lake Road. Turn left and continue about 6 miles to the campground.